The Holborn Project
Northcliffe House is a historical building located in Holborn, the City of London. The building was previously the headquarters of Associated Newspapers, but it has since been refurbished and converted into open space offices.
The building was originally built in 1920 and had been modified several times over the years before becoming a commercial property. Despite renovations, the building still retains much of its original architecture and character.
Located in the Holborn area surrounded by trendy shops, cafes, and restaurants, Northcliffe House is easily accessible by public transportation, with several underground stations (Blackfriars, St. Paul’s, and Temple) within walking distance.
As part of the refurbishment of Northcliffe House, three new landscaped roof terraces perfectly placed to maximise impressive views over London skyline were added to the top of the building at levels, five, six and seven. The terraces which were beautifully planted up by Frosts Landscapes with shrubs and multi-stem trees providing extensive landscaped amenity spaces for the future office tenants.
Europlanters worked closely with Frosts Landscapes and Townshend Landscape Architects on this project and manufactured the planters and benches for each level. The GRP troughs, cylinders and seating were all hand made in our Stockport factory and the planters sprayed in RAL 1035 matt to compliment the building.
Kebony timber was used for the benches and seating because of its sustainability factor.
Full Size Gallery
share us on…